Sunday 12 November 2017

Friday Night Fight 2e: The Third Match, First TKO

The first round against Edgar Garcia began as I'd planned it. I outboxedhim with long flickers, which he didn't expect, then I blocked a straight and put a hook in his ribs and an uppercut in his gut, pushing him to the ropes. Then I bashed him in the face with power hooks, again and again, and again.
The last one put him on the canvas, in the first minute. He got up on the count of 8, but obviously didn't want to get hit again, and his eye was swelling.
Well, too bad, boy, 'cuz you're going to get some right away!
I got on him right after the Referee said "Fight!", bashing him with a straight right from the bat. He tried to punch me, but I was fine with eating a few and paying back. And right now, he had no head for technical dodging, so payback was a bitch. I could tell by his face.
Then came my left swivel hook, but he managed to escape the close fight. I landed another hook into his body, then he gave me a stiff jab in the face. I managed a cross-counter on the next jab, surprising everyone - myself included - but he threw his head in the other direction, and danced away again.
No luck. Now was my time, and I almost shoulder-charged him. Yes, I ate a jab on the way in, but I pushed him to the ropes, and after a quick combo, just as he was trying to strike left, I just met him with a forward-leaning straight right, throwing him back in the corner with a swollen lip.
In the corner, I unleashed a barrage of strikes to his head. His brow started bleading, and he fell down, at 2:32.
Just as I was wondering whether he'd get up, the Referee stopped the fight. Win by TKO!
I didn't bother to ask the judge's records. But I looked at the trainer, and made a gesture like a cross counter. He grinned.
The bastard had managed to drill it into me, after all, although it wasn't the decisive blow. But the next time...who knows?
What matters is, my skills were indeed improving.

Next opponent: Hector Soto! The guy is slow and doesn't like training as much as he should...and yet he's got a better ratings than me with the bookies?
Screw that noise! I'm going to plaster him on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment