Wednesday 24 July 2024

My characters in Art of Wuxia

I am playing in an on-and-off Art of Wuxia campaign. The feature is that I have a stable of PCs, which inhabit different parts of the setting.

Let me introduce them...


1) Wang, a classical wandering scholar-warrior, who has some rather unexpected approaches to dealing with enemies stronger than him. OK, that last part is more due to me adapting to the GM's style, which means there's many NPCs you can't really match, akin to Elders in V:tM...

2) Fu, a Beggar Brotherhood Warrior-Mystic...in training. He's still learning, but he's kicking major asses already. Well, it helps that the Beggar's Staff is one of the best styles out there!

He's the least sociable of the three, and amusingly most prone to a fight.

3) Hoi, a Lin Kuei-type kung-fu master who uses magic and fists to...serve the presumable Big Bad Evil Guy of the setting, the White Dragon.

So far, his contributions to the security of the White Dragon's Realm was suggesting (with due paperwork) that the bodies of people sent to attack the Master's interests should be impaled as normal, but afterwards their bodies should be animated and sent to greet visitors to the city and tell them the story of their betrayals and due punishment.

So if you visit an evil wizard's city in this GM's game, and get greeted by the animated body of a former ninja who insists on telling you how he came to kill the Evil Wizard, and got captured, impaled and reanimated, you can thank my guy for that!

As I said, it's interesting. What's even better is that #3's involvement in the game is happening before the timeline of #1 & #2 and I've already realized that I've bought (and delivered to the city) the sister of an NPC that is allied to my #2. BTW, #1 wanted to find that same NPC, but never managed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment